Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ride & Thrive...



This past Saturday I finally had a chance to join our Mountain Biking Ministry for one of their rides. Let me just say, what an experience. The views, the exercise, the fellowship...it was all awesome and worth every sore muscle I woke up with the next day. In the end we did close to 18 miles around the hills of Encino, about 17 more than I prepared for.

Our mountain biking leader Dave Schneider is incredible. He helped me get off my training wheels (wish that was a joke) and out with the big boys in no time. Dave's experience and knowledge in the sport of Biking is amazing. I was fascinated as Dave explained the intricacies and details of the sport. Who knew there was so much to know about riding your bike? Not only does Dave have vast knowledge and experience on the trails but he also has raced professionally, and it shows, as he often doubled back throughout our ride to herd those of us hanging in the rear.

If you have ever ridden a bike or have thought about getting out on a trail, I couldn't recommend a better guy to have by your side then Dave. He truly has a passion for the sport and loves to teach. You can check out the ministry's next ride at the Shepherd Sports website. http://www.shepherdsports.org/

No comments: