Monday, February 2, 2009

How much more does GOD love you?


Working from home today because my baby boy is fighting a bad cough. As a new parent by only three and a half months, I am becoming more and more aware of God's love for us. As I watch my boy play, or sleep, or even cry, my love for him pours out of me. I can't help but imagine how much more God loves us than that! I have to think that my son needs to build up his immune system so he can fight off other viruses and infections as he gets older. I believe it is the same with you and me. As Pastor Dudley shared in church a couple weeks ago about pruning the branches, we need to fight off things today that are keeping us from being all God created us to be. Sometimes we need the trials and tribulation so that God might grow us.

Though my love for my boy seems so great, our Lord in heaven has looked down on each one of us since the day we were born with a love that we can't begin to comprehend. God desired for us to lean on Him and have faith in Him. Just as I feel I can teach my son so much, how much more can our almighty God teach us? We are like children in the sight of the Lord. Humbly set yourself before Him and watch what He can do through you.

If you get a chance, pray for Donovan. Thanks.

No comments: