Friday, September 18, 2009

Baltimore

Baltimore's Inner Harbor
Sitting third base side at the Baltimore/Tampa Bay game
A self portrait with my cell phone
I just returned from a short trip to Baltimore where I met with some of the country's biggest sport's pastor's. What a blessings these guys are...to hear their hearts and see there vision is inspiring and re-assuring that Shepherd Sports is heading in a path that not only glorifies God but reaches out to this lost community we live in. It is exciting to see sports used as a tool to bring people closer to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Although it was a short trip it was a long flight but for the first time ever i was able to log onto the Internet while flying at 30,000 ft. It was a good time to get some work done...except for the lady that insisted on talking to me although I had my head-phones on. What's up with that?
I attended a Baltimore Orioles game while i was there and it was a blast exploring a new stadium. Had I stayed put in the first inning when I got to the game i would have snagged a home run ball that ended up hitting only a few rows from me after i got up to walk around 15 seconds earlier...so close. I love attending ball parks and exploring them and sitting in all the different sections. As a kid my dad and I would fly around the country to visit different ball-parks together. They are some of my fondest memories I have as a kid with my dad. I think it might be time for me to know take my dad to some ball-parks...I can't wait for my boy to be old enough for us to get out and explore the world together.


No comments: