Sunday, May 1, 2011

what is GREATNESS?



Most of us strive for greatness in something we do, and watching this video reminds me of what we are all capable of. When I was a kid I loved to ride BMX, and I thought jumping a curb was a huge accomplishment – it still is! After seeing this amazing video and the stunning footage of talent displayed, I am reminded that we are not all called to be great at the same things, but we ARE all called to be great.

Growing up, I knew that being involved in sports was God’s calling for me. After I finished playing basketball however, I did not know what would come next in my career. God used this time to develop and prepare me for this calling in sports ministry.

Although I do not know where my career path may take me next, I see this video of a man who has perfected the art of riding his bike, and I am inspired… not to excel in riding my bike like him, but to continue striving for greatness in the talents God has given me.

I know you will appreciate his talent and enjoy this video. More importantly though, I pray that you will recognize God working in your life and the blessing that is your own talent - and strive for the greatness that is your path.

No comments: