Thursday, January 1, 2009

Donovan's First Game...

Love & Basketball

A friend called me up to join him in a charity basketball game they were putting on at Westmont College for the victims of the recent fires in Santa Barbara. It was a nice two-day trip for the wife and me, and gave my boy a chance to see his dad play for the first time. It started out as a great experience for him until the first buzzer went off and then the ref's whistle. One of the two would go off every few minutes while Donovan tried to sleep in mommy's arms, and it turns out Donovan doesn't love the gym as much as daddy (yet). But I will cherish the memory of looking up from the bench and seeing my boy sitting in the gym with his mother. He better get used to being in the gym, because that's where daddy likes to play and work.

No comments: