Monday, July 13, 2009

getting old

WOW…I woke up this morning after playing my first game of soccer in over 20 years so sore that getting out of bed became a all morning event. Yes, the last time I played organized soccer was 20 years ago. I decided then that there was no need for me to run over 5 miles a day to play goalie.

Shepherd Sports started its first ever soccer league last night and no I didn’t play goalie. From all accounts last night was a big success. The Jerseys looked awesome and we now have 90 new members of Shepherd Sports through the sport of Soccer…Praise God. I see a big future for this sport and can’t wait to see where God moves.

If you missed signing up for this season we will be starting another league in January. Some advice: start training know for January as indoor soccer might be one of the most physically challenging sports I have ever played. Then again it might just because I let 20 years past between playing.

No comments: