Monday, April 5, 2010

One Person & Sport at a time

I wanted to share a letter I recently wrote to my Indoor Soccer Team that I captain'd this past season. I think it gives the insight into why Shepherd Sports exists. Our ministry needs leaders who desire the things of God and not their own personal agenda's. It is this principle that drives what we do at Shepherd Sports...in an effort to change the world one person and one sport at a time.
(The best part of my job)

Goal Members,(team name)
I know it is cliché to say...but I wouldn’t judge our season on the number of wins and losses...oh yeah, we can’t forget all the ties. Although we suffered through some trying times this season, I had a blast hanging with some old friend and making some new ones. Just as in life, we don’t always get the WIN...but what God asks us to do, is trust in Him and keep our faith that He is in control. I pray if you don’t have a home church already, you would consider giving Shepherd a try...we are about Jesus and what He did for each one of us on the cross. Jesus doesn’t care what church you go to, or what your job title is or how much money you make...He cares about the relationship you and Him hold together.

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” HEBREW 11:6

If you every have any questions about God/Jesus/Church or anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I also hope you will all consider joining us again for our Indoor Soccer League...Summer League starts in July. Thanks again for a great season, I hope everyone enjoyed themselves...you all made it very easy to be the captain.

In Love,
Pastor Josh

No comments: